Coffee Shop Photo Session at Al Baba

It wouldn't take me much to think of how splendid the idea of asking the management of Al Baba sweets for a photo session a while back (Passion for Food blog post) at their Beirut Branch, it turned out to be even more amazing ever since I got another chance of being there at their Zouq branch to hold a photosession in their coffee shop. Technically speaking, two cameras were used. My own Sony for its powerful artistic features, and a 450D Canon with a standard 18-55mm lens for closeups, great image quality and a powerful manipulation of the depth of field.



F/8, ISO100, 1"
Ambient lighting was the hardest hurdle at the moment, different light sources were there, with, obviously, different temperatures and tones, thus leaving me with no solution but to be my own light manipulator, of course with the help of the great staff. Here's a shoutout for Mrs. Amani by the way who was the first person to ever see this collection and gave me the push to share it here. Occasionally I asked one of the guys to model for me by using the surrounding props as the set, but found out later that such sessions needn't any models for the sake of preserving objectivity and leaving subjectivity to the observers themselves to freely project their own perception upon the scene.
F/3.5, ISO400, 1/30sec
I honestly loved the closeups on the cups rather than the whole scenery photographs. I myself am a detail lover, especially when it comes to consumables with an artistic touch. Enough with the blabbering, I'll leave you to the photos. Full album can be found on Facebook [Link]
F/2.8, ISO320, 1/15sec
F/5.6, ISO400, 1/25sec
F/4.5, ISO400, 1/15sec
F/5, ISO400, 1/40sec
F/4.5, ISO400, 1/40sec
F/3.5, ISO400, 1/40sec

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tourist That Shall Never Leave

Anonymous Confessions

Forward Forum - The Booklet

The Death of Laurent Schwebel

Roadmap to a National Cycling Day

Superficial Birthday Wishes